If your child is challenged from developmental issues, we can help! My Kinetic Kids, Inc. Pediatric … More
Pediatric Physical Therapist: Heroes Needed!!
Employment Application - [Pediatric Physical Therapist Jobs, Pediatric Physical Therapist Careers, Charlotte, Dilworth]
Pediatric physical therapists specialize in treating and caring for patients who are toddlers, babies, children, teenagers and young adults. They treat conditions related to genetic, neurological and orthopedic disorders. Techniques like functional training and exercise are used alongside medication and diet changes. Additionally, they use specialized medical equipment that is designed to help treat and alleviate pain from conditions that hinder mobility.
They work a typical 40-hour week with some evenings and weekends required. Remaining emotionally strong and handling stress well is crucial for this career due to the frustrations patients can experience with their conditions. Possessing excellent communication skills helps when speaking to family members and patients about the treatment options and health conditions.
RESPONSIBLE TO // Director of Clinical Operations, Co-Founders of Kinetic Kids, Inc.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS // Patients, Community Partners (schools, healthcare organizations, government agencies), Media Contacts
HOURS // Full-time
Activities vary depending on the client and the working environment but can include:
- Working creatively with various client groups in a therapeutic setting
- Working in a group or one-to-one setting, often as part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals
- Assessing and understanding the feelings or temperament of others
- Constructively challenging the behavior and attitude of clients
- Planning, designing and facilitating a schedule of activities with individuals and groups
- Analyze or synthesize client data to draw conclusions or make recommendations for optimal therapy
- Analyze data to determine the effectiveness of treatments or therapy approaches
- Communicate client assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms
- Conduct therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help clients recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments
- Attending meetings, case conferences, and local events to market, share ideas, expertise and good practice;
- Create and submit TWO blog articles weekly
- Keeping up to date with administration: making phone calls; writing reports and case notes; and drafting letters to other professionals;
- Maintaining a clean physical therapy space and materials;
- Clean and sanitize materials
- Make timely written supply request
- 2-3 years of pediatric experience required
- Strong background in working with children with sensory impairments
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, resources, and multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills