Benefits of the Human-Animal Bond [healing animals, good therapy dogs, animal assisted intervention, animal therapy near me, animal assisted therapy near me, pet therapy near me, pet physical therapy, therapy dog near me, therapy dogs near me]
Your child can work 1-on-1 with a certified therapy dog. Each of our four-legged friends in our assisted animal therapy program is all ready to work with your child to enhance the therapeutic process. Research shows that assisted animal therapy helps children in therapy in numerous ways such as increased motivation to complete a task, confidence, attention span when working with a dog because it is much more fun, and producing a calming effect so that the child has less anxiety and fear when working towards new goals and trying new things.
, what is aat, therapy dog organizations near me, therapy dogs near me, service dog organizations, are therapy dogs service dogs, therapy dog volunteer, therapy animals for anxiety, dog therapist near me, anima therapy, animal assisted therapy research papers, animal-assisted therapy (aat)
Related Awesome-Sauce About Assisted Animal Therapy
- 10 Reasons Therapy Dogs Are THE Best! [eBook]
- 5 Steps for Managing BIG Emotions
- The Many Benefits of Using Therapy Dogs for Children With Autism [SLIDESHARE]
- Calming Lavender Scent Playdough [Pediatric Therapy]
- How To Create a Calm-Down Kit
- 9 Calm Down Ideas for Kids!!
- Relaxation Techniques for Children with Autism
Other Benefits of Utilizing Therapy Dogs and or Having a Companion Dog
- Pet ownership, perhaps by providing social support, lowers blood pressure response to mental stress (Allen, 2001) .
- Pet owners have higher one-year survival rates following heart attacks (Friedmann, 1980, 1995) [8,9].
- Recognizing and nurturing the connection between animals and humans has potential implications for individual stability and health, improved economic outputs and healthcare cost savings (Takashima, 2014) . This conclusion was based on a number of studies.
- Pet ownership, particularly dog ownership, may be reasonable for reduction in cardiovascular disease risk (Levine, 2013) .
- Pet ownership was associated with a reduced risk for Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and diffuse large cell lymphoma (Trahan, 2008) .
- Human health savings of $3.86 billion over 10 years have been linked to pet ownership as related to a decrease in doctor visits in studies in Austria and Germany (Heady, 2002) .
Whether it is pet ownership that gives us cause to exercise, offers an antidote for loneliness, and gives us loving companions to care for, or animal-assisted interventions that improve motivation to participate in treatment and lessen worry, anxiety, and pain, we recognize that animals can influence not just our happiness but also our health.
Improved Grades, An Improved Ability To Focus, and a More Productive School Year
These goals can be reached with the help of something as simple as a fidget ball.
They give kids the chance to relax, while improving their concentration skills, and therefore, helping them make better grades in school! Learn more by downloading this free eBook on how to make these very impactful, but functional tools to help your child's academic success:
- Benefits of the Human-Animal Bond. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://petpartners.org/learn/benefits-human-animal-bond/
- See the full citations here.
service dog vs therapy dog, therapy dog vs service dog, therapy dog in schools, therapy dogs in schools, therapy dog at school, therapy dog near me, therapy dogs near me, therapy dog school, therapy dog organizations near me, therapy dog vest amazon, therapy dog quotes, therapy dog volunteer, therapy dog in classroom, how to therapy dog certified, where to get therapy dogs, are therapy dogs service dogs, where are therapy dogs allowed, are therapy dogs allowed everywhere, what do therapy dogs help with, are therapy dogs considered service dogs, do therapy dogs need training, how much does therapy dog training cost, animal assisted therapy jobs near me, animal assisted therapy in mental health, animal assisted therapy near me