Developmental and Therapeutic Uses for Playdoh [SLIDESHARE, Autism, Handwriting, Fine Motor Development, Pediatric Occupational Therapy, Pediatric Speech Therapy] This common household items and children’s toys that have great therapeutic value when used or played with by children. The functional applications of using it are vast and important in a child's development. Learn more here!
CHOCOLATE SCENTED PLAYDOUGH RECIPE
Who doesn't like chocolate? It tastes divine and smells wonderful! [preschoolers]
We have a great recipe for chocolate scented play doh that we hope you and your little one will enjoy! This recipe isn't edible so adult supervision is definitely recommended!
Need some other cool ideas?
Check out these blog posts from Kinetic Kids, Inc:
- Calming Lavendar Scented Playdough to Lower Anxiety in Children [eBook]
- Autism During the Holidays [FESTIVE SLIDESHARE]
- 9 Ideas to Support People With Autism [INFOGRAPHIC]
Chocolate Scented Playdough Recipe:
Your wonderful smelling awesome-sauce awaits you! Enjoy!!
Ingredient 1: 1 1/4 cups flour
Ingredient 2: 1/2 cup cocoa powder
Ingredient 3: 1/2 cup salt
Ingredient 4: 1/2 tablespoon cream of tartar
Ingredient 5: 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup boiling water.
Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, and cream of tartar together. Add cooking oil and boiling water to mixture. Stir quickly and mix well. Cook over low heat until dough forms a ball. When cool, mix with your hands. Store in airtight container.
Please keep the following information in mind:
- Please do not allow your child to eat the play dough once it's finished.
- Encourage your little one to explore the feel, movement, and texture of the dough
- Mix objects that aren't too small (to prevent accidental swallowing/choking) into the dough and have your child find each object.
- Have fun!! sensory activities for children with autism
Would you like some practical sensory coping strategies to use during the holidays?
The following brief but festive slideshare gives you just that and more:
- Ideas on creating a sensory friendly environment
- A thorough brushing protocol
Please let us know how you like this and other blog articles! Just click on the "contact us" portion of our website.
Until next time!! :)
play doh kitchen creations, play doh kitchen, play doh videos for kids, play doh kids videos, play doh videos for children, kids handwriting practice, how to improve handwriting, handwriting styles, handwriting practice for kids, improve handwriting worksheets, handwriting ideas, fine motor skills for toddlers, fine motor skills vs gross motor skills, fine motor skills for 5 year olds, fine motor skills for 6 year olds, fine motor skills for 8 year olds, fine motor skills with playdough, fine motor skills for 10 month old, fine motor skills for 10 year olds