Recycle Something Simple to Save Money for Therapy At Home! [Pediatric Therapy, Sensory Therapy, Pediatric Occupational Therapy, Pediatric Speech Therapy, Brain Gym Exercises, Brain Gym]
Simple household objects can be recycled within your own home to use as the easiest and money efficient way to work on therapy activities! You just have to get creative!
In Need of Additional Awesomesauce?
Here are some other related blog articles that we here at Kinetic Kids have created that may be of interest to you:
- Sensory Equipment for Parents to Use at Home! [Pediatric Occupational Therapy]
- Cool Animal Walks for Parents to Work on at Home! [VIDEO]
- What is a Sensory Diet? [SLIDESHARE]
Amazing Therapeutic Ideas to Use at Home!
After keeping you hydrated and saving you time; your simple plastic water bottle can serve in many ways as a therapy tool!
Below are 8 different ways to get your creativity flowing on all the ways you can use this as tool.
1. Fill the bottle with water, glitter, and confetti to serve as a visual sensory strategy for your child when they shake it up!
2. Have your child fill the bottle with as many cotton balls or pom poms as they can fit to improve their fine motor coordination
3. Fill the bottle with rice and then add 10 different colored beads. Have your child shake and find the beads with their eyes to improve their visual scanning skills.
4. Cut the bottle in half, glue streamers to the cut end and then have your child blow through the spout to move the streamers to improve their oral motor strength and coordination. So you do not have to deal with glue, another option would be to wrap a pony-tail streamer at the end of the bottle.
5. Fill the bottles with colored water and have your child use them as bowling pins with a ball to improve upper body and hand eye coordination.
6. Fill the bottles with lentils to use as light weights for exercises to improve your child’s strength.
7. Have your child twist the water bottle and pop off the cap like a space shuttle rocket during play to improve their hand strength.
8. Using the caps of the water bottles in crafts or play as stamps in paint, checkers, or pretend coins to improve your child’s dexterity skills!!
Interested in Having Your Child Practice Meaningful Communication?
Learn How To Play Therapeutic Variations of The JENGA Game to Build Your Child's Confidence, Self-Discovery, Coping Skills, and More... [Free eBook]
Here's the first of a series of eBooks that we've created that focuses on turning popular board games into therapy games. The series will include board games that are common, affordable, easy to use, and easy to find. In this eBook, we feature the JENGA game! You will learn to use this game in a variety of practical and therapeutic ways for:
- Improved social skills,
- Better communication skills,
- Enhanced anger control, and
- Increase self-esteem and confidence.
The following eBook is particularly helpful for children who benefit from pediatric occupational therapy and pediatric speech therapy services:
occupational therapy, occupational therapy day, occupational therapy 2 year old, occupational therapy 4 year old, whats an occupational therapist, occupational therapy activities for children, what is an occupational therapist and what do they do, occupational therapy exercises, pediatric occupational therapy clinics near me, what can occupational therapy help with, occupational therapy activities for children, what is occupational therapy for kids, ot assessments for children, what is an occupational therapist and what do they do, children's occupational therapy near me, occupational therapy interventions for children, how can occupational therapy help, occupational therapy for children with autism, pediatric occupational therapy near me, occupational therapist working with children, physical and occupational therapy, occupational therapy for children at home, what is a child occupational therapist, pediatric home health occupational therapy, children's hospital occupational therapy jobs, occupational therapy for teenager, sensory integration ot, pediatric therapeutic services, sensory integration therapy autism, pediatric physical therapy near me, ots online, therapies 4 kids, occupational therapy for adhd