How Practicing Mindfulness Can Benefit Your Child [Pediatric Psychology, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Psycho-educational Assessments]
Ways to Build Your Child's Social Confidence
The following suggestions are ways to help you enhance your little one's social confidence:
- Teach socially acceptable values and actions: Having your child be patient while other kids receive attention, taking turns, and sharing toys. Children who snatch toys or do not know how to share often have trouble making friends.
- Be sure your child has a plan to follow during social situations: Discuss and role-play what to do in a new situation (how to get involved in a game or conversation, how to participate in a project or how to start a conversation). Encourage your child to have a preset plan to strike up a conversation, which can be an effective tool for social success!
- Have your child use mental rehearsals as a way to prep for social challenges: Mental rehearsals build self-confidence and self-assurance. Mental rehearsals can be used when dealing with a bully, coping with an unfair event against your child, handling an embarrassing situation with the opposite sex, communicating with older children who misunderstands him/her, interacting with an authority figure or dealing with a negotiation.
- Get your child involved in age-appropriate team sports or other group activities so that not only can they share their interest, but also effectively function in a team environment.
- Allow your kids to invite other children to your home so that they can learn positive and healthy social interactions under your supervision.
- Encourage play opportunities with other children as these experiences will not only develop your child's social confidence, but will also enhance their leadership and cooperation skills.
- Teach and model healthy friendships and relationships for your child. You are their primary resource for positive social interactions! Your kids not only look up to you but watch you, closely! Your healthy example will help your little one grow into a positive, happy, socially-conscience adult!
Related Awesome-Sauce To Read!
- 10 Reasons Therapy Dogs Are THE Best! [eBook]
- 5 Steps for Managing BIG Emotions
- The Many Benefits of Using Therapy Dogs for Children With Autism [SLIDESHARE]
- Calming Lavender Scent Playdough [Pediatric Therapy]
- How To Create a Calm-Down Kit
- 9 Calm Down Ideas for Kids!!
- Relaxation Techniques for Children with Autism
Educational Recommendations for Common Cognitive & Academic Weaknesses
Did you know ? . . .
. . . In addition to pinpointing areas of improvement to achieve success in academic, cognitive, and social domains, practicing mindfulness technique can significantly enhance a child's executive functioning and organizational skills?
Psycho-educational Assessments Give Both Direction and Purpose!
This guide is based on the work of Mather and Jaffe that which relates cognitive weaknesses to the common accompanying academic weaknesses and makes educational suggestions for those areas of weakness. psychology
- This 38-page guide just gives an overview.
- It can be used to simply help enhance mild areas of weakness or as a building block to provide a child with the academic support that he or she needs!
- A comprehensive analysis, which includes a pediatric psycho-educational evaluation, would be recommended to ensure that the child is receiving the supports that he or she needs.
If you suspect that your child may be having difficulty in school, navigating through social situations, or just needs light support in one or tow areas, a psycho-educational assessment would be helpful in boosting academic performance and confidence!
Reference: Mather, N. & Jaffe, L. E. (1992). Woodcock-Johnson Psycho-educational Battery-Revised: Reports and recommendations. New York: Wiley.
mindfulness meditation, mindfulness quotes, mindfulness definition, mindfulness kids, mindfulness coloring, mindfulness meaning, mindfulness benefits, mindfulness breathing, mindfulness of breathing, mindfulness meditation for sleep, mindfulness coloring pages, mindfulness music for kids, mindfulness walk, mindfulness activities for kids, mindfulness meditation for kids, neuropsychology, neuropsychology near me, neuropsychology testing examples, neuropsychology degree, neuropsychology job description, neuropsychology evaluation near me, neuropsychology associates, neuropsychology anxiety, what is a neuropsychology assessment, neuropsychology of anxiety, neuropsychology requirements, neuropsychology testing results