Essence of this Program: - We will look at the physical requirements of your child's sport and gear … More
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
What is Pediatric Occupational Therapy?
A child’s job or occupation is to play, be independent in self-care activities, and succeed in school. Occupational therapists treat children with disorders that may inhibit their ability to be successful in these areas. An occupational therapist will address this by teaching fine motor activities (how to hold and manipulate objects), visual-motor activities (eye hand coordination), activities to increase upper body strength and endurance, teach the body how to appropriately react to sensory information and self-care skills.
We Have Even MORE Great Information To Share
Here are some blog articles that we've previously posted here at Kinetic Kids, to help empower our families and our kids:
- What Does Occupational Therapy Look Like For Kids? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- ADHD Strategies: An ADHD Diet [eBook]
- A Sensory Gym: How It Can Benefit Your Child
- What Is A Sensory Diet? [SLIDESHARE]
- The Many Benefits of Using a Therapy Dog For Children With Autism [SLIDESHARE]
Want some interesting calming supports?
We have the answers for you!!
Try making fidget balls!!
Fidget balls generally help to:
- keep one’s hands busy, and
- allows children to better focus while completing an activity.
anxiety, autism, yoga, balance, emotions, behavior, core values, parenting, yoga for kids, executive functioning, brain gym, yoga class, tantrums, superflex, pediatric occupational therapy, 3 year old milestones, 4 year old milestones, kids with autism, kids with adhd, brain gym exercises, preschoolers, motor learning, pediatric therapy, childhood disorders, therapy games, sensory therapy , kids with adhd, kids with autism, adhd diet
We can help! [Get your FREE eBook]
Find out why potty accidents are now at epidemic levels and learn what you can do now, to help!
You will learn:
- About the connection between constipation and toileting problems
- Why bedwetting and pediatric incontinence is so problematic by watching our informational video, and
- Strategies to improve your child's health!
[Pediatric Incontinence, Urinary Incontinence, Bedwetting, Enuresis, Fecal Incontinence, Children's Health, Adolescent Health, Pediatric Physical Therapy]