Essence of this Program: - We will look at the physical requirements of your child's sport and gear … More
We Deliver Solid Solutions: An Overview of Services - Pediatric Therapy
Pediatric Physical, Occupational,
& Speech Therapy Solutions!
At Kinetic Kids, Inc. we don’t look at our clinic as providing services to their patients, but rather providing solutions for our patients. We offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy solutions for children from ages 0-21 years. We also have more general wellness options for families. Having a broad range of specialties, we are sure to design a program to fit your child’s needs:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Specialized Therapeutic Services
Our staff is also trained in a variety of methods and therapeutic techniques for the treatment of speech and language challenges, fine and gross motor difficulties, and sensory integration dysfunction. Listed below are the specialized methods that we are pleased to offer at our center:
1. Concerns about Handwriting (via Handwriting Without Tears) — The goal of Handwriting Without Tears® is to make handwriting an automatic and natural skill for children of all ability levels. Children and teachers enjoy HWT because it makes handwriting easy and fun to learn. With less than 10 minutes of instruction a day, children can learn to write well.
2. Sensory Integration Therapy : Our sensory gymnasiums help all children, regardless of whether or not they have a disability, to develop their sensory, communication, gross and fine motor skills. In addition to providing health and fitness benefits of a regular gym, sensory gyms also enhance a child’s self-esteem and social skills.
3. Solutions for Bed Wetting (The Safe Zone): We are one of the southeast’s few incontinence (bed wetting) programs just for kids. Did you know that nearly 20% of school-aged children have problems with incontinence? Unfortunately, very few providers are helping in this area but we are one of the clinics who’ve decided to step up to the plate, and make a difference for so many kids and their families.
4. We also offer Craniosacral Therapeutic Solutions at Kinetic Kids, Inc.
5. S’cool Moves – Neuro-Sensory Activities for Academic Success — These activities are incorporated into a therapy session and can be taught as strategies to increase focus and attention during a school day. These activities flow seamlessly into the school day while supporting therapy and academic goals. Rather than TELLING children to focus, teach them HOW to focus and they will be much more successful!
6. The Alert Program: “How Does Your Engine Run” — This is a self-awareness and self-regulation program designed to increase a child’s understanding of their body’s energy level and to help regulate that energy to reach an optimal, ideal level of functioning.
7. Brain Gym — Brain Gym is an educational model that focuses on movement being a primary component to better learning. Brain Gym uses movement exercises to pinpoint specific areas in the brain to allow increased focus and attention throughout a child’s day. At Kinetic Kids, Inc, Brain Gym is used as a warm-up and throughout the session to increase attention and productivity with the child’s specific goals.
8. Therapy Dog Services — Your child can work 1-on-1 with a certified therapy dog. Research shows that therapy dogs help children in therapy in numerous ways such as increasing motivation to complete a task, confidence, attention span when working with a dog because it is much more fun, and producing a calming effect so that the child has less anxiety and fear when working towards new goals and trying new things.
9. Superflex — A social thinking curriculum that uses a comic book and superhero to teach strategies to overcome negative behaviors. Superflex helps defend Social Town by defeating the villians called Unthinkables. He does this by working with a child to learn strategies and fight off the Unthinkables inside the child’s brain. Superflex is a fun, interactive curriculum that will allow children to overcome behaviors and be more successful social beings throughout their school day and at home!
Kinetic Kids, Inc. has the ONLY customized sensory gym in the Charlotte area, helpful for kids in need of physical, occupational, and/or speech language pathology solutions!
Enjoy More, Helpful Information:
- How A Sensory Gym Will Benefit Your Child
- 5 Steps to Managing BIG Emotions [eBook]
- Why Rock Climbing is So Awesome For Your Child [SLIDESHARE]
Learn How To Play Therapeutic Variations of The JENGA Game to Build Your Child's Confidence, Self-Discovery, Coping Skills, and More... [Free eBook]
Here's the first of a series of eBooks that we've created that focuses on turning popular board games into therapy games. The series will include board games that are common, affordable, easy to use, and easy to find. In this eBook, we feature the JENGA game! You will learn to use this game in a variety of practical and therapeutic ways for:
- Improved social skills,
- Better communication skills,
- Enhanced anger control, and
- Increase self-esteem and confidence.
The following eBook is particularly helpful for children who benefit from pediatric occupational therapy and pediatric speech therapy services:
pediatric physical therapy, pediatric physical therapists, pediatric occupational therapy, pediatric occupational therapists, pediatric speech therapy, pediatric speech therapists, anxiety, autism, yoga, yoga for kids, yoga class, autism, down syndrome, sign language, pilates, balance, mission statement, potty training, emotions, what is autism, rett syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, signs of autism, jumping jacks, therapy dogs, tummy time, core values, coordination, testimonials, bed wetting, bedwetting alarm, therapy dog
We can help! [Get your FREE eBook]
Find out why potty accidents are now at epidemic levels and learn what you can do now, to help!
You will learn:
- About the connection between constipation and toileting problems
- Why bedwetting and pediatric incontinence is so problematic by watching our informational video, and
- Strategies to improve your child's health!
[Pediatric Incontinence, Urinary Incontinence, Bedwetting, Enuresis, Fecal Incontinence, Children's Health, Adolescent Health, Pediatric Physical Therapy]